POSITION FILLED: Centro Legal de la Raza Seeks Post Release Accompaniment Project (PRAP) Coordinator
The Organization: Founded in 1969 and located in Oakland, California, Centro Legal de la Raza (Centro Legal) is a comprehensive legal services agency focused on strengthening low-income, immigrant, and Latino families and individuals by providing bilingual and culturally competent legal representation, education, and advocacy. The mission of Centro Legal is to protect and expand the rights of low-income people, particularly monolingual Spanish-speaking immigrants.
The Project: The Post Release Accompaniment Project (PRAP) is a collaboration among Centro Legal, CIVIC, and the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity’s Immigration program, to help ensure the safe release of asylum seekers and other individuals detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. PRAP is based at, administered and supervised by Centro Legal. The PRAP coordinator will coordinate all aspects of this program that assists newly released individuals with transportation and housing, that provides for their immediate needs, and that allows them to be reunited with their families or friends.
The PRAP Coordinator Position: PRAP is seeking an individual to coordinate the program and the program’s volunteers. Duties include the following areas of responsibility:
1) Coordinating day-to-day operations of the project, including releases, communicating with family members and recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers who pick up and support newly released individuals.
2) Developing efforts to sustain, expand and replicate the model and project. This includes exploration of how to meet increased housing needs for newly released individuals, working in collaboration with community partners.
3) Documenting data, stories, successes and challenges of the day to day operations of the project and communicating this work by increasing visibility and support through a variety of print and online media.
4) Outreach and public education for the project.
5) Grant reporting and grant application duties as needed.
Qualifications: First and foremost, the applicant must profoundly share Centro Legal’s mission and vision of social justice. Below are additional qualifications:
● Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree in program management, non-profit development or the equivalent preferred;
● Fluency in Spanish required;
● Experience in program management is strongly preferred;
● Experience in community organizing is strongly preferred;
● Experience and capability to train and supervise program interns and volunteers of differing backgrounds;
● Experience working in a start-up or with an organization or project in a start-up phase;
● Experience and effectiveness at conducting training and outreach activities in the community;
● Demonstrated comfort working within a fast paced, ever-evolving, and rapidly changing structure; and
● Experience working with low-income, immigrant communities.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with background and experience plus medical, vision, dental, 401K, Flexible spending account benefits and a generous vacation and holiday package.
Applications: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Submit via email only: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) a list of three professional references, and 4) a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place these words in the subject line: “PRAP Coordinator”.
Centro Legal de la Raza is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. Centro Legal de la Raza is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ, older persons, persons with disabilities, and all qualified persons to apply.