**POSITION FILLED** Centro Legal de la Raza Seeks Finance & Administrative Assistant
Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Finance and Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1969 and located in Oakland, California, Centro Legal de la Raza (Centro Legal) is a comprehensive legal services agency focused on strengthening low-income and Latino individuals and families by providing free and low-cost, bilingual, and culturally competent legal representation, education, and advocacy. Centro Legal’s mission is to protect and expand the rights of low-income people, particularly Spanish-speaking immigrants.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance & Administrative Assistant will provide direct support to the Executive Director, Finance and Human Resources Manager, and Office Manager in the day-to-day operations of a medium-sized nonprofit agency. The Finance & Administrative Assistant will work in several areas of administration including finance, office management, human resources, intake, and fundraising. This is a great position for someone interested in legal service nonprofits and nonprofit administration.
Major responsibilities include:
• Provide assistance to the Finance and Human Resources Manager in timely and accurate bookkeeping and financial recordkeeping. Process and log checks and other income. Prepare and track invoices, including invoices to government funders. Organize and maintain finance files.
Administrative Support (20%)
• Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director and Office Manager for day-to-day operations and special projects. Provide support for board of directors meetings and other key gatherings.
• Working with the organization’s Intake Specialist, provide direct client services through conducting intake, needs assessment, and referral during intake hours. Manage and monitor client data collection, client database, office phone, and calendaring systems.
Fundraising and Communications (5%)
• Assist the Fundraising and Communications team on special projects as needed, including during the organization’s annual fall fundraising campaign, annual gala, and various donor campaigns.
First and foremost, the applicant must profoundly share Centro Legal’s mission and vision of social justice.
• A genuine passion for working on issues affecting low-income individuals and Latino immigrants.
• AA or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Familiarity with Word, Excel, Google applications, and online databases.
• Excellent communication, analytic, and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage several projects at once.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work to ensure that it is completed within the given time limit.
• Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work respectfully with a diverse group of people.
Preferred But Not Required:
• Familiarity with Salesforce and QuickBooks.
• Previous experience in the nonprofit sector or in an office environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is $19.23/hr. plus medical and dental benefits and a generous vacation and holiday package.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Submit via email only: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place these words in the subject line “Finance & Administrative Assistant.”
Centro Legal de la Raza is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. Centro Legal de la Raza is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ, older persons, persons with disabilities, and all qualified persons to apply.